April is Distracted Driving Awareness Month – the perfect time to review some safe driving tips from the National Safety Council.
- Adjust your mirrors, seat position and air temperature.
- Set the radio.
- Program your navigation system, and then check the route.
While driving, DON’T:
- Reach down or behind you if you drop or need to grab an item. Wait until you’ve pulled over to a safe location and have stopped your car.
- Eat or drink. Safe driving requires two hands on the wheel at all times.
- Try to take care of other passengers, including children. Pull over to a safe spot and then take care of their needs.
And remember: Hands-free or handheld, cellphones have no place behind the wheel. According to NSC, drivers talking on cellphones can fail to see up to 50% of their surroundings. Keep the phone stored in your bag or put it in the glove compartment to resist temptation.
Learn more about Distracted Driving Awareness Month.
Take the pledge to avoid distracted driving.
McCraren Compliance can help you understand and comply with FMCSA, USDOT and ADOT and ensure your drivers and your vehicles operate safely and efficiently.
Call us Today at 888-758-4757 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your free FMCSA Compliance Assessment.