First published by FMCSA
Photo property of FMCSA
Monday, March 28, 2022
FMCSA has granted an extension for any carriers using the ELDs below, allowing the carrier’s drivers to continue to use paper records of duty status in lieu of the ELD until the 3G dependent devices are replaced with a compliant 4G or 5G device. The devices covered under this extension are:
- Omnitracs Intelligent Vehicle Gateway; ELD Identifier: IVG001; Serial Numbers (SN) 108000000-108499999
- Blue Tree ELD; ELD Identifier: BT500
- Rand McNally; Device Name: Driver Connect, Model # DC200 Fleet
- Rand McNally; Device Name: Driver Connect, Model # DC200S
- Rand McNally; Device Name: TND 760, Model # 760
- Rand McNally; Device Name: TND 765, Model # 765
- Rand McNally; Device Name: HD100, Model # HD100 (Android; iOS)
A carrier must maintain the document granting this extension at the carrier’s principal place of business and keep a copy in each vehicle with a malfunctioning ELD. A driver must make the copy of this document available to a safety official upon request.
McCraren Compliance can help you understand and comply with FMCSA, USDOT and ADOT and ensure your drivers and your vehicles operate safely and efficiently.
Call us Today at 888-758-4757 or email us at email@example.com to schedule your free FMCSA Compliance Assessment.