Houston — Pure Safety Group has issued an immediate recall and stop-use alert for its Guardian Fall Protection Self-Retracting Lifelines that use a stainless steel or web lifeline.
“A small number of SRLs were identified as noncompliant with ANSI Z359.14-14 and must immediately be removed from service,” PSG states in a press release. Under certain conditions, the stainless steel or web lifeline may not perform to industry standards in leading-edge applications and could result in serious bodily injury or death.
The recall affects the following product numbers:
- 10931: Halo (formerly Edge) Series with 20-foot stainless steel cable
- 10933: Halo (formerly Edge) Series with 25-foot stainless steel cable
- 10936: Halo (formerly Edge) Series with 30-foot stainless steel cable
- 10979: Diablo (formerly Daytona) with 50-foot stainless steel cable
- 10980: Diablo (formerly Daytona) with 65-foot stainless steel cable
- 10908: Halo Series with 20-foot web retractable lifeline with boot cover
According to the release, no incidents or injuries related to the recall have been reported. In November, PSG issued an immediate recall and stop-use alert for its Guardian Fall Protection and Web Device 3-Way Rescue and Retrieval Self-Retracting Lifeline units.