First published by CVSA
More Than 13,000 Vehicles Transporting Hazardous Materials/Dangerous Goods Were Inspected During CVSA’s Unannounced Five-Day Inspection Initiative
Commercial motor vehicle inspectors in Canada, Mexico and the U.S. inspected 13,471 vehicles transporting hazardous materials/dangerous goods (HM/DG) as part of a focused HM/DG inspection and enforcement initiative by the Commercial Vehicle Safety Alliance (CVSA).
During the 2021 HM/DG Road Blitz, June 21-25, inspectors compiled and submitted valuable HM/DG compliance data to the Alliance. In the U.S. and Canada, 10,905 commercial motor vehicles and 8,363 HM/DG packages were inspected over that five-day period. Inspectors identified 2,714 violations.
- 496 shipping papers violations
- 628 non-bulk/small means of containment packaging violations
- 390 bulk packaging/large means of containment placarding violations
- 277 non-bulk/small means of containment labeling violations
- 307 bulk/large means of containment placarding violations
- 167 other safety marks violations
- 288 loading and securement violations
- 50 HM/DG package integrity (leaking) violations
- 63 Transportation of Dangerous Goods Training Certificate violations (Canada only)
McCraren Compliance can help you understand and comply with FMCSA, DOT and ADOT and ensure your drivers and your vehicles operate safely and efficiently.
Call us Today at 888-758-4757 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your free FMCSA Compliance Assessment