MINE FATALITY – On November 13, 2023, a rotating drill steel of a roof bolting machine entangled a miner, causing fatal injuries.
Photo property of MSHA
- Always follow manufacturer recommendations when conducting maintenance on equipment, including:
- Turn off or de-energize the machine.
- Secure the equipment against hazardous motion.
- Never touch or hold the drill steel, wrench, or bolt while it is rotating.
- Do not wear loose-fitting or bulky clothing when working around any machinery with rotating parts.
This is the 36th fatality reported in 2023, and the 14th classified as “Machinery.”
McCraren Compliance offers a full range of safety and health training and consulting services. Plus we can help you incorporate well-being into your traditional systems in order to support the Total Worker Health of your workforce.
Call 888-758-4757, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website www.mccrarencompliance.com
Original article published by MSHA