Public Meeting – Sonoran Corridor
State and federal officials want to know what you think about a proposed Sonoran Corridor connecting Interstate 10 and Interstate 19 south of Tucson International Airport as they begin an anticipated three-year environmental study of the idea.
Next week, officials from the Arizona Department of Transportation and the Federal Highway Administration will host two public meetings to gather public input. The meetings are scheduled for
* Wednesday, June 7, at the Radisson Hotel Tucson Airport, 4550 S. Palo Verde Road, Tucson
* Thursday, June 8, at the Santa Cruz Valley United Methodist Church, 70 E. Sahuarita Road, Sahuarita
Both meetings will take place at 5:30 – 7 p.m., with a presentation beginning at 6 p.m.
The meetings are part of a public scoping process that allows the community the opportunity to ask questions and offer comments and concerns about potential locations for the proposed corridor as well as environmental considerations, impacts on wildlife habitat and cultural resources and other modes of transportation that may be considered.
Public comment also is welcome through July 15 in several ways:
* Online survey: azdot.gov/SonoranCorridor
* Email: Sonorancorridor@azdot.gov
* Toll-free bilingual information line: 855-712-8530
Sonoran Corridor Tier 1 EIS Study Team
c/o ADOT Communications
1655 W. Jackson St., Mail Drop 126F
Phoenix, AZ 85007