First published by FMCSA
Authorization of Appropriations
- Section 23001(a) adds General Operating Expense (GOE) contract authority for Fiscal Years (FYs) 2022-2026.
- Section 23001(b) provides contract authority for grant programs for FYs 2022-2026 years.
- Adds a year of performance to the Motor Carrier Safety Assistance Program (MCSAP) and provides Commercial Motor Vehicle Operator Safety Training (SET) grants a 5-year period of performance.
- Continues to allow enforcement of State traffic laws and regulations designed to promote the safe operation of commercial motor vehicles (CMV), provide the number of motor carrier safety activities, including roadside safety inspections, conducted in the State is maintained at a level at least equal to the average level of such activities conducted in the State, but updates the FYs from 2004 and 2005 to 2014 and 2015.
- P 2642 adds General Fund authority (advanced appropriations/supplemental appropriations) for FMCSA GOE and Grant programs with a 4-year period of availability for new obligations. Once funds are obligated, the periods of performance for grantees above and within 49 U.S.C. section 31104(f) apply.
Grant Programs & Funding
- Combatting Human Trafficking
- Increases emphasis on the prevention and detection of human trafficking as a priority for the High Priority (HP) CMV grant program and is now allowable under FMCSA’s MCSAP, HP CMV, and Commercial Driver’s License Program Implementation (CDLPI) grants and FMCSA’s Outreach programs.
- Immobilization Grant Program
- Establishes a grant program under HP CMV to provide discretionary grants to States to immobilize or impound passenger carrying CMVs that are determined to be unsafe or fail inspection.
- Requires the Secretary to work with States to develop a list of safety violations that would warrant the immediate immobilization or impoundment of a passenger carrying CMVs.
- State Enforcement Training and Support (SET)
- Establishes a new State Partners training grant program to be funded at 100% with a period of performance of 5 years.
- The grant program will provide discretionary grants for nonprofit organizations to provide training to non-Federal employees who conduct CMV enforcement activities and to develop related training materials. Read More»
View: Bipartisan Infrastructure Law: Impacts for FMCSA Grant Programs
McCraren Compliance can help you understand and comply with FMCSA, USDOT and ADOT and ensure your drivers and your vehicles operate safely and efficiently.
Call us Today at 888-758-4757 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your free FMCSA Compliance Assessment.