CPWR collaborated with North America’s Building Trades Unions, as well as partners in research and government, to develop the guidance. The center said it plans to update its COVID-19 webpage regularly as information becomes available.
Tips for workers include:
- Don’t go to work if you’re feeling sick.
- Don’t shake hands when greeting others.
- Stay at least 6 feet away from others on the worksite, if possible, including during meetings and training sessions.
- Avoid contact with sick people.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing, or do so into your elbow.
- Wash your hands often for at least 20 seconds. Use soap and water or an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Plan for office staff to have the ability to work from home.
- Provide soap and running water – and hand sanitizer, if possible – on all worksites to allow for frequent handwashing.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces on worksites and in offices, including hand rails, doorknobs and portable toilets.
- If a job involves working at a health care facility, provide workers with Infection Control Risk Assessment training.