First published by Safety+Health an NSC publication.
Washington — The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration says temporary hours-of-service exemptions and other “regulatory relief” will continue for commercial motor vehicle drivers transporting items intended to assist in the COVID-19 pandemic relief efforts.
Regulatory relief is extended to drivers who are transporting:
- COVID-19 vaccines; constituent products; and medical supplies and equipment, including ancillary supplies/kits for the administration of vaccines
- Medical supplies and equipment for the testing, diagnosis and treatment of COVID-19
- Supplies and equipment to help curb the spread of COVID-19, including masks, gloves, hand sanitizer, soap and disinfectants
- Food, paper products and other groceries for emergency restocking of stores or distribution centers
- Livestock and livestock feed
Drivers making routine commercial deliveries, “including mixed loads with a nominal quantity of qualifying emergency relief added to obtain the benefits of this emergency declaration,” are not covered under the exemption.
McCraren Compliance can help you understand and comply with FMCSA and USDOT to ensure your drivers and your vehicles operate safely and efficiently.
Call us Today at 888-758-4757 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your free FMCSA Compliance Assessment.